2018 Dates and Locations are tentative! Make your plans now to attend one or more of the Spring and Summer camps!
Please read everything on this page. We are taking registrations until the day before a scheduled camp. Replying to emails that could be answered by reading the info available on this website is appreciated.After your online regisration is submitted, you must download the camp information & release form for the camp site you registered.
Coach Don Hood’s World Class Vault Camps – 2018 Spring and Tentative Summer Camp Schedule
Coach Don Hood has coached more vaulters over 18’ than any other U.S. coach. Billy Olson and Tim Bright include two Olympic 19’ vaulters that competed at Abilene Christian University. Past NCAA II female indoor & outdoor champions both coached by Don Hood.
· In the past twenty years:
· Seven High School Vaulters over 17’
· Twenty High School Vaulters over 16’
· Four Vaulters over 16’ at one camp. Previous best was 14’.
Take note of the Summer camp format: 2 days of instruction, 1 overnight stay, 3 meals & one late night snack. Commuters are responsible for their own meals and accomodations.
Select the Vault Camp nearest you & make your online reservation today! March 13 - Brownwood, TX
March 15 - LeTourneau University
June 1, 2 – Longview, TX LeTourneau University
June 4, 5 – Houston (Katy Seven Lakes HS)
June 8, 9 – Brownwood, TX
June 11, 12 – Lubbock, TX (Coronado HS)
June 15, 16 – DFW (Joshua HS)
June 18, 19 - Monroe, LA (Ouachita Christian HS)
June 22, 23 - LeTourneau University
Camp Site Hotel & Registration Info: COMING SOON!
Cost is $275 for Overnight Campers and $225 for Commuters
Camps start at noon of the first day and ends the evening of the second day.
· Athletes will learn gymnastic drills, weight training, plyometrics, and detailed video analysis and study of the pole vault. Underwater vaulting, training pole drills, and valuable tips & strategies are emphasized to all campers. Vaulting poles are provided at each camp. If you can bring your own poles, do so. If not, don't worry. We have plenty of poles.
· All vaulters, 6th grade through Masters, will be grouped according to ability levels.
· Beginning vaulters will receive additional instruction and attention.
· Female vaulters are especially encouraged to attend!
!!!Helmets are required for all vaulters at the camp!!!
Commuters are responsible for their own meals & overnight accommodations.
*Ex-Campers save $25 off your fee for every new recruit you bring.
*Coaches can attend free with five or more recruited campers.